Step-By-Step Guide To Install The Athlee Multi-camera Solution.
In this guide, you will learn how to start, connect and stream from your Athlee camera to your iPad, iPhone or Apple TV.
STEP 1: DOWNLOAD THE ATHLEE APP TO YOUR IOS DEVICE.
1. Go to the App Store on your device.
2. In the lower right corner, click search and type in "Athlee Player lite".
3. Download the app by clicking download in the top right corner.
4. In the pop-up screen, click install.
5. The Athlee Player Lite App is now available on your home screen.
STEP 2: TURN ON YOUR ATHLEE CAMERA.
1. Push one time on the grey On/Off Button located on the top of the Athlee camera’s dome.
The LED-light will light up indicating that the camera is now turned on. If the LED-light does not turn on, you will need to charge the camera first.
to turn off the camera, simply push the Button one time. Now the LED-light turns off indicating the camera is now turned off.
CAUTION: Never hold down the on/off button continuously.
STEP 3: CONNECT YOUR IPAD OR IPHONE TO THE ATHLEE WIFI NETWORK.
1. Open your device and go to “Settings”. Click on “Wi-fi”.
2. Choose the Athlee network called “Athlee-(your company name)" under the section “Other Networks”. Please note that it takes up to 60 seconds from turning on your camera (see step 2) before the Athlee-network appears in your WiFi network options.
NB! If the Athlee-WiFi does not appear in your WiFi-network options after 60 seconds, restart the camera by pushing the On/Off Button once. Wait 3 seconds and push the grey button again.
3. Type in the Password that you have received in the Athlee welcome email and click “Connect”.
Here is an example of what this should look like:
Network name: Athlee-NitroSwimming
4. Wait for the blue tick to appear in front of the Athlee-network. Your device is now connected to the Athlee camera.
NB! From now on your iPad will automatically remember the password for the Athlee WiFi network. Meaning, you only have to type in the Athlee-password the first time you connect your iPad and/or iPhone to the Athlee WiFi network.
STEP 4: AUTO-JOIN YOUR CAMERA AND DEVICE.
1. In order to auto join your Athlee camera and device for future usage, click on the “info” button .
2. Under “Connect Automatically”, swipe the button to the right.
3. The next time you start your Athlee Camera, your device will now automatically connect to your device.
NB! We recommend disabling "Connect Automatically" for other networks in your pool area as this will cause your tablet to connect to your pool network and not the Athlee network.
STEP 5: OPEN YOUR ATHLEE APP.
Please note that you need to connect to the Athlee WiFi before opening the app.
1. Open the Athlee App on the homescreen of your iPad and/or iPhone. Within 20 seconds you will see the livestream from your camera directly on the screen.
NB: If you wish to connect other devices to the camera please repeat the procedure described in Step 1-5.
2. To stream from other Athlee cameras to the same device, navigate to the Athlee app and click on the “Source” button. From here, you are able to select other Athlee cameras, when turned on.
How To Connect The Athlee Camera To A Big Screen
There are several ways in which you can connect the streaming from your Athlee camera to a big screen. You can either connect wirelessly via AppleTV or wired via cable. Please scroll down to read further instructions.
How To Connect The Athlee Camera To Your AppleTV
In order to use Apple TV with your Athlee camera, you'll first need to set up your TV per the instructions provided by Apple TV.
You can find the instructions for Apple TV here.
NB! Use your own Wi-Fi, when connecting the TV to the Apple TV.
1. When your Apple TV has been set up, turn on your Athlee camera and bring the camera within Wi-Fi range of your Apple TV.
2. On your Apple TV, navigate to “setting-network” and find the Athlee camera network (Athlee-xxx) and connect to it.
3. Now, connect your iPad or iPhone device to the Athlee camera network. Your Apple TV and iPad/iPhone are now connected to the same Athlee Wi-Fi network.
4. Once this is done, start up your Athlee app and use the “screenshare/screen mirror function” on your Apple device. You will now see the content of your device on the TV.
NB! If you want your Apple TV to connect automatically to the Athlee network next time you will probably have to remove the other Wi-Fi networks on your Apple TV. Once the Athlee Wi-Fi network is the only Wi-Fi network available on the Apple TV, the Apple TV will automatically connect to the Athlee Wi-Fi network next time you turn on the Athlee camera.
If you have a pool Wi-Fi that you also need the Apple TV to work with, and if the pool Wi-Fi is on, your Apple TV will most likely connect to your pool Wi-Fi once the Athlee camera is turned off, and will probably stay on the pool Wi-Fi network for as long as the pool Wi-Fi is turned on, even if you turn on the Athlee camera again. In case you need to be able to also use your Apple TV with the pool Wi-Fi you probably don’t want to delete the pool Wi-Fi from your Apple TV (unless you use the pool Wi-Fi very rarely). In this case you will need to change the Wi-Fi network to the Athlee network on your Apple TV manually each time.
How To Connect Your iPad/iPhone To A Big Screen Via Cable
1. Plug a USB-C Display AV Adapter or a USB-C VGA Multi-port Adapter into the charging port on iPad.
2. Connect an HDMI or VGA cable to the adapter.
3. Connect the other end of the HDMI or VGA cable to the display, TV, or projector.
4. You should now be able to see the streaming from your Athlee camera on the screen.